Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Yesterday, I joined the Patterson family for my very 1st turkey trot. I have always wanted to do the run, but for various reasons I never participated. So I as I began my run, I began to breathe in the cool, crisp air and felt pretty good. Shortly after a mile, I started "feeling" it. You know the can I make it, I'm feeling every inch of my body right now, the aches, pains, and panting for air......then I began to talk to God, as I usually do when I work out. Instantly he reminded me that just 3 short months ago I was in a hospital bed getting a blood transfusion and here I was running in a race. I immediately felt accomplished and worthy. For he is an incredible God that created such an amazing piece of work when he made our bodies. It blows my mind to see how we can go through so much, yet he can mend and heal our wounds. As I was telling Charley the story he instantly said back to me, I like to say we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Thank you Lord for creating such a miracle in us and continually showing me your love.



Hope you all had a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! I love your new banner with all the pictures of you and Charlie, and of course, the decorated house :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Dana said...

You are such an inspiration to me! Love you bunches!

Johnson's said...

I'm so proud of you!

The Gillaspie Family said...

Way to go Miss Turkey Trot!

Emily said...

Jenn, I found your blog tonight...you are such an inspiration and blessing. I'm so thankful for the healing that our precious Savior has done within you. May God continue to bless you each and every day!!!