Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hello, my name is Mrs.Scamperino

I'm sitting in my car, stomach rumbling, shaky and tears filling my eyes. I was about to take the first step into my classroom. It was a big day....facing all my special, dear friends and meeting my class for the first time. I started with lunch with my team and then a few visits throughout the building. Next, I went to my classroom. I sat down in front of 14 sweet little faces (2 were absent), all eyes on me......they sat there waiting to see who I was and why I was there? I introduced myself and they all went ahhhhhhhhhhh. It was very cute. I then read the "Mrs. Scamperino" book, it has pictures of me, Charley, Max, ect. They were excited as I turned each page and they learned a little bit about me. So then I asked, what are you going to tell your mommies and daddies about Mrs. Scamperino tonight......that she has a celebrity cat and she likes to scuba dive and wants to see a shark. So, who knows what they are going to think! HA! I did have to brag a little about my boy being on tv, hehe. There were lots of hugs and hellos from former students too, which was nice. Today was a hard step to take, but I'm glad I did it. I will have to say, I'm in nooooooo hurry to go back. Ohhhh, I'm so sorry to all the teachers out there, what a job we have, training America's future!

So.....hello my name is Mrs. Scamperino and I will be your Kindergarten teacher, well not for a few more weeks......

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was so nice to see you today!

Johnson's said...

I can't imagine all that was going through your head today, before and after. We loved getting to see you and miss you so much. We look forward to your return and all the fun stories we will share... and boy will there be tons! Glad you made it through another tough one!

The McIntires said...

It was good to see you. I wish I had more time to visit though.

Stephanie said...

It was so good to see you today. I'm so glad you were able to pop in my room today. I look forward to having you back full time!

Kristal said...

Leila told me you were there today. She said it was a nice surprise. I am so proud of you. I love the way you introduced yourself to the kids with the book about you. Very clever. Such a teacher thing to do! Talk to you soon. Hey, add my blog to your blog list. It's cute and worthy -- at least I think so! By the way, love the header for your blog. How did you do that? Please share.

The Bell Family said...

It was so good to see you. Our campus just isn't the same without you.
Love you,