Monday, September 1, 2008

A fun weekend

This weekend was just what the doctor ordered. It started with a fun-filled dinner at Gloria's with some friends Friday night. After a few cocktails, several of us ended up at home with a game of Balderdash. If you have never played, it's a blast. It was just what we needed, laughter and friendship.

A little while later, with a knock at the door, Nannah arrived. She came to visit for the long weekend. Saturday was started out with no plans, and nothing to do. We went to the mall, got pedicures, went to eat, and watched a movie. We got to do lots of talking and reminiscing. Mothers are very special people, and now I have a whole new outlook on motherhood. I didn't know that you could love someone so much, even if it's for a brief moment. So, here's a note to my mom....I love you and thank you for a wonderful, memorable visit!

Sunday was a lazy day too, which seems to be my kinda day lately. Mom got to stay until late since she didn't have to work Monday. We tried a new restaurant. It was awesome, Ghengis Grill in Plano. Yum, yum!! We will defiantly go back.

Monday was a perfect day. Charley and I slept in, worked out, had a late lunch, went to the grocery store, watched a movie, and made dinner together. These are the kind of days in which memories are made. I love you Charley!!! Thanks for a wonderful day.

I hope you all had a good
one too!

2 comments:

ThreeRingCircus said...

No one can ever love you like Momma, I feel ya sister.

The Gillaspie Family said...

oooh...a pedicure...I'm jealous!!