Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a day!

We started out our busy, busy day at Fairpark at the Cystic Fibrosis 5K. We have been volunteering for 4 years now. It was pouring rain, but we pressed on. I'm very proud to say that I was the 1st one across the finish line. Although, it's really a walk, and I was one of maybe 10 runners it still counts, right??

God never ceases to amaze me.....I have had a strong desire lately for Him to use me in some way. I've been praying for a door to open. The day came yesterday at the walk. While I was talking to Brooke, the CF coordinator, our conversation led into how the chair was leaving this year and she was in need for someone to take over. As we continued to chat, I knew it was just what I had been praying for. She introduced me to the current chair, and as we talked we both teared up. She said she had been praying for God to help her let go of it, I told her I had been praying for an open door. Her daughter has CF and is going to Kindergarten in August, so she wants to free up some time to help her. This is all so exciting! SOOOOOOOO, I am going to need all your help come May of next year.
before...kinda dry
after... drenched
Next was jeepfest where we found seat covers. We wanted them so Tank doesn't destroy the seats. Which BTW, we get him June 4th.

Then off to the blood drive. Unfortantly I was unable to donate due to the blood tranfusion last August. Charley was able to give! If you are ever able to donate, please do. After having to 'get' blood, it makes me motivated to 'give'.

Finally, an amazing concert at the Granada featuring....Monte! We had a big group of friends go this time, and we had a great time as always. I never get tired of hearing his music.


All in all, it was a perfect Saturday despite the rain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely answer to prayer...so happy for you. Count on us for helping out! Love ya!

The Bell Family said...

That sounds wonderful, girl! What a great and awesome job!