Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Present

Second installment.....

Where to start?? I'm a 30 year old wife, daughter, sister, aunt, teacher, friend, neighbor and Max's mommy. So many roles in life we have to play and each are unique and special.

To begin I am a wife to the most amazing man in the world! Words cannot even describe how I feel about him. If you don't know Charley and I well, you should know that our marriage is a gift from God. He is first and foremost my best friend. We enjoy being together and doing many fun things. Some of the current things that top the list include hanging out on the couch with Max watching some t.v. (we all have our favorite spots), working on the house, guitar hero, all day Sunday football, and as always talking and laughing. I remember having a conversation with my mom very recently and I tried to explain the love I had for Charley. I told her I wish that every person could have that feeling at least once in their lifetime. It's indescribable. I Love You Charley....
My next role in life would be daughter. Another heavenly relationship. My mom and I have a special bond. Although she lives in Houston, we still talk almost everyday. We try not to go tooo long without a visit, unusually every 2 months or so. Our conversations are anywhere from school stuff, Sydney's new things, Y & R, what's going on in my old town, or just life itself. I call her often just to say hello. That voice on the other line can make a bad day turn into a smile.
I'm currently teaching Kindergarten in Rockwall. This is my 7th year of teaching. It has trying days and rewarding days. I can't imagine doing anything else. I love my team and all the staff at Hartman. It really is like a family. You laugh together and cry together. Every summer I am also privileged to teach with a special group of ladies in which I love dearly.

I am so blessed to have so many friends. Each play a special part in my life. Thank you all so much! I have one friend in particular that arrived over a year and a half ago. I have never met someone that shares the same sense of humor as me. She can make me laugh out loud just when I need it the most. She has been there for me through the worst times of my life and continues to take of me. There are so many memories.....Meow!
We live in Sachse, and love it, just want a bigger yard. We have the most adorable kitty. Max is my baby. He weighs in at 19 pounds and can snuggle like no other. He sleeps on me every night, and gets so happy each time I come home. But probably because I get to feed him, ha!

Well, as for what I am enjoying right now....I LOVE grilled chicken, vegetables, salad, reece's pieces, margaritas, and chips/salsa. I like to watch Biggest Loser, Grey's, Sex&City, football, and always PIR!! Jeans and tshirts are a must, but have fun getting all dolled up. My hair is "growing", straight, layered, and brown. I'm not going to mention my weight which is a higher number that I want, and I am not happy with my physical appearance. It's a work in progress. My favorite music is contemporary Christain rock, Monte Montgomery, and my all time 311!!

I think my most important role in life is Christain and child of God. I am currently praying and believing for many things, trying to grow closer to Him. My favorite scripture is Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you.
So, there's no time like the present....live your life to the fullest!

3 comments:

Johnson's said...

I'm loving the picture of Bob Barker!!!

Dana said...

You left out one very important role that you have......one of the most precious niece's any proud aunt could wish for! And you fit that role perfectly! Love you!

Packard Party of 5 said...

You are very blessed :)